Remember, remember the 5th of November….HAPPY FIREWORKS NIGHT! Autumn is in the air and after Halloween we have the brilliance of firework night upon us! Along with the magnificent displays and sparklers, being out in the brisk cold calls for some homemade soup and hots dogs and of course you can’t forget something sweet!
This week’s recipe is another easy one which can be whipped up in any busy schedule. A take on the traditional toffee apples – we’ve created our own recipe for FIREWORK FUDGE + CHOC DOUBLE DIP APPLES.
Fun to make and decorate turn a simple apple into a ultimate sweet treat by following the recipe below!
2 Bags of Cox Apples
2 Bags of Dairy Fudge (any good confectionery aisle at a supermarket will have these)
2 Bars of Green and Blacks Milk Chocolate For Cooking
Lollipop Sticks or Skewers (or plastic cutlery!)
Hundreds and Thousands // Popping Candy // Honeycomb (for decoration)
1. PREPARE a surface for you apples by placing a sheet of baking parchment on a tray.
2. STICK lollipop sticks into the apples and space them out on the tray. We couldn’t find lollipop sticks in the supermarket so opted for plastic cutlery – does the trick and looks modern?!!
3. MELT the dairy fudge pieces in the microwave in a deep ish bowl for 3-4 mins until melted. It’s easiest if you get individually wrapped pieces so they melt quickly.
4. DIP and twist the apples in the fudge. You’ll need to work quickly but if the fudge starts harden just pop back in the microwave.
5. CHILL all the fudge coated apples in the fridge for an hour.
6. MELT the chocolate in the microwave. Whilst it’s melting take out your toppings of choice so you’re ready to go. You can use all sorts of toppings and make them as decorative as you like. We used popping candy, hundreds and thousands and honeycomb pieces.
7. DIP and twist the apples in the melted chocolate and use a teaspoon to get good coverage. Quickly sprinkle the top of the apple with the desired decorations.
8. CHILL in the fridge until the chocolate is hard. Don’t be too precious about the base, everyone loves having a chocolate or toffee puddle to eat as well!
**EAT + ENJOY THE DOUBLE LAYER DELIGHTS**
POPPING CANDY TOPPING
HUNDRED AND THOUSANDS