It’s suddenly and certainly getting colder. The temperature has dropped, the heating’s come on and we’re making tea and hot drinks every hour! In honour of the Autumnal times we thought we’d share one of the easiest and delicious gooey flapjack recipes. These golden scrummy squares can be whipped up in under 30 minutes, use cupboard ingredients (so you don’t even need to brave the cold to go to the shops) and they make your house smell like heaven!
A perfect accompaniment to a cuppa, get your oats rolling and syrup pouring and whip some up today!
FLOUR ~ EASY GOOEY FLAPJACK
250g Porridge Oats
125g Muscavado Sugar
4 tablespoons Golden Syrup
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup (to taste)
Vanilla extract essence
We told you these were easy and we’re not lying – add as much syrup as you wish but as a minimum we suggest 4 tablespoons of Golden Syrup – any less and they will be more like granola bars – not a bad thing but not gooey as intended!
1. PREHEAT oven to 180 C
2. MELT butter, sugar and syrup together (here’s where you can add Maple Syrup for the extra gooey goodness) Don’t leave on the hob for too long the butter needs to just be melted and the rest will be ready. Be careful not to burn the sugar.
2. ADD vanilla extract stir and MIX the golden melted mixture into the oats.
3. PACK the golden oats mixture into a greaseproof tray so that the flapjacks about 1″ in height. FLATTEN with a spoon.
4. BAKE for 20 minutes until golden and crispy at the edges.
5. COOL and CUT into squares.
Don’t worry if the flapjack is fairly sloppy when you take it out the oven, as they cool they will firm up and this will give them the gooey consistency. As long as they’re brown on top and crispy on the edges, the flapjacks should be perfect.
Enjoy, under a blanket with a cup of tea!
All the best things in Autumn are golden!